Welcome to the First-Year Writing Program at the University of Connecticut. Our program consists of seminars in academic writing that are designed to emphasize interdisciplinary writing, critical thinking, and critical literacies. Our courses are not meant to communicate a particular set of facts to students, but instead help students learn to practice and engage in academic discourse.
- Welcome back to a new school year! The office (AUST 162) will be open for the semester for the following hours:
- Monday: 9:00am-3:00pm (Emily & Sarah)
- Tuesday: 9:00am-12:00pm (Sarah)
- Wednesday: 12:00noon-3:00pm (Sarah)
- Thursday:... Continued »
- Our Program, known for so long as the Freshman English Program, is transitioning over to its new name, The First-Year Writing Program. Although the courses and our support will remain the same, we will be using FYW as our acronym. Continued »